Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4.5 weeks to go...

Today it hit me. The wall grew large, the enthusiasm went. It's summer term with colleagues on stand-down, and me just a poor KS3 teacher with a full load. It might be the 4 (well 3 as I bailed on one) meetings this week due to rescheduling, or the 120 full reports and 50 snapshot reports I have to do this week.

But I must cling to the positives:

The year 8 integrated curriculum plan is coming along well - or in the words of one of my year 9's "that looks well sick innit".

My post GCSE year 9 French are loving Spanish after they read a complex passage of Spanish with perfect pronunciation despite not understanding much!

My year 8 Maths seem to love BO(I)DMAS and can do level 5 with ease.

I am using loads of video at the moment to try and wake up both the very tired kids and me. I am hoping to be re-invigorated after a teacher training day on Monday followed by a reward trip to Drayton Manor (Park and Zoo) on Friday.

No comments: