Sunday, May 16, 2010

Non-Electric Dreams

The twitterati of teachers often go on about how wonderful ICT is. Indeed it is. But every teacher has more traditional tools in their box.

After a quick shop replenishing supplies today it struck me how much we take these things for granted. I mean, a pen is a pen, a pad is a pad. Some of us, however, are almost office supplies zealots and have an established routine. Well at least I hope it is not just me!

The Pencil Case:

Currently using a Really useful Company 0.55 ltr pencil box. It’s see through. It holds stuff.

Pens:

For general use - UniBall Gel Impact 1.0mm black. Flows well, nice in the hand, colours in well when doodling in meetings.

For marking - Staedtler triplus fineliner selection 0.3mm. I often ask students what colour they want me to use, and they check up on me! Yellow one is useless though...

Pencil - recently changes from whatever I can find to rotring tikky 0.5mm. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Pad:

Various pads from paperchase - always unlined. Currently using a freebie from a meeting!

Thank you for listening. Send me your office supply fetishes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Post it notes - you can never have too many post it notes!

Fiona Joyce said...

I'm completely with you on this, James; I am a stationery nerd. I like Pentel fineliners for writing and marking and am distressed because they're hard to find and may have been discontinued.
When on the French exchange in March, I stocked up on squared paper pads, which are my personal faves. Don't get me started on post-its ...