Saturday, August 23, 2008

Construction Time Again


One week to go until the joys of a new school year. The holidays have been very kind to me, allowing me to relax and get things done in equal amounts.

Amazingly I have done lots of jobs normally reserved for the first week back! I have my class lists, timetable, calendar; I have moved stationary and resources with the help of my co-chief. The only job I have put off is the copying of some placement tests - I know I shouldn't do copying, but it will take me longer to explain what I want to someone else!

I have been thwarted in my plans for world domination by delicious being blocked at school. As a quick fix I'll have to export all my bookmarks out (luckily I can get them on my iphone as well).

Next week brings the joy of furniture arrangement and locating a room for one class (23 does not fit into a room designed for 12, although I did consider stacking!), photocopying, and making sure the glorious soldiers of the People's Republic of CORE (Olympic medals 0) have everything they need for the first couple of weeks back.

I have even started the paperwork for a trip in Week 3. Such efficiency can only mean one thing - it's the end of the holidays and I'm bored.

P.S. Congratulations to anyone spotting the early 80's cultural reference in the title.

No comments: