Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blogging Toolkit


As I start to put my blog together, I thought it might be a good idea to keep a log of the tools I'm using.


A blog

I use Blogger, but other services are available. I chose Blogger as it is connected to my googlemail account I already use for work.


Somewhere to store pictures

Still undecided, picassa links to my google account but is a bit limited in terms of storage. I also use Wikimedia Commons to link to royalty free pics and save on blog storage space.


Somewhere to store video

Currently YouTube, but alas blocked in school. Looking for alternatives. [update] Going to try teachertube.net from behind the evil firewall from hell. If it doesn't work I will ask why!


Somewhere to store podcasts

Podomatic looks excellent and I look forward to playing with it over the Bank Holiday weekend.


Somewhere to store slideshows

Slideshare has nifty features, but I must remember to save my files in old-skool powerpoint format!


Sites to grab widgets, quizzes, and other pretty things from!

Widgetbox - loads of pretty widgets

Feedjit - so I know who is looking at my blog!

Mystudiyo - very pretty quiz generator

BBC - borrow the headlines, weather, tv schedule!


I'm sure this list will grow! Suggestions greatly appreciated.


Thanks to Joe Dale for his reviews of some of the above sites!

No comments: